Friday, April 25, 2008

Mystery Plant

Can you help me identify this plant? It is small, low to the ground. It is kind of like a crocus, except it just came up in mid April. All my crocuses had already come up and finished before these bloomed. I really like them, but I have no idea what they are. Do you?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



In other news, I have been sick. Ugh, SICK. I got the flu last week (and somehow managed to not pass it on to anyone else in the house!) and caught a cold on top of that. I am still trying to defeat the cold. I have a nagging cough that keeps me up at night, which makes me very tired during the day; plus my left ear filled with fluid and won't drain. Luckily it is not infected, so it doesn't hurt, but it is very hard to hear with that ear. While I have been sick, the house has gone waaay downhill. The boys can barely manage to behave themselves without drawing blood when I am not on top of them; nevermind taking over some chores for me. Chris did some dinners, which helped, but didn't clean up after them. I also fell more than a week behind on laundry. The drawers were literally empty of clothes. oops. I am happy to report that I am feeling well enough to catch up, but it will take a while!

5 comments:

Paula said...

Don't you hate how things fall apart when you're sick? Wouldn't you just love a REAL sick day, where you could lay in bed and watch TV and nothing bad would happen?

Anonymous said...

Not that you'd expect me to be able to identify any plant other than a daffodil or a tulip, but no I don't have any idea what that flower is. But it's really pretty!

Things are still pretty chilly here. I sure can't wait for spring to come and stay!

Kristin said...

They look like Tarda Tulips:
http://www.tulipworld.com/itemdesc.asp?item=Tarda-Tulip&cat=Specialty&ic=4163

Gretchen said...

Kristin, I think you are right! That really does look just like them, and they did come up with all my other tulips. They are so low to the ground, that is what threw me; but the description says they are like ground cover. Thank you!

Kristin said...

Your welcome, Gretchen. I just googled around a bit until I found them, LOL. They do look more like crocuses than tulips to me, too. It's nice that someone put them there and that they last a long time.