Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sorry I've Been Quiet

It's that time of year again, and I just can't work up any excitement for blogging. I call my sisters and we gripe about how life can be unfair, and talk about how we wish things had worked out differently.

This year we are planning to get together for Thanksgiving dinner, and that will be fun. Of course our Dad will not come. He pulled out his lame-o excuses why it will be better for him to spend the day with his ex-girlfriend rather than with the only family he has left. Good for him. He'll probably wonder why no one cares after he is gone.

2 comments:

smizzo said...

Aww, that sucks about you Dad. Well, I hope you guys have an awesome Turkey Day anyway.

Paula said...

I know how you feel, Gretchen. My parents, who live only an hour away, said they felt that they wouldn't "fit in" at either my house or my sister's for Thanksgiving, because we'd both invited our inlaws as well, so they decided to volunteer at a soup kitchen. Turns out that's a popular idea, and they couldn't find a soup kitchen that needed help!

So I told them that the only inlaw that was actually coming was my MIL (the others had other plans) so they should come. In the end they went to a restaurant, which they claim was because they've both been ill this past week. Still seemed strange to me.