Monday, August 23, 2004

Vacation Is Over

Chris went back to work this morning. He is officially starting his new job today. He was very nervous about it, but I'm sure it can't get too bad for him at least in the first week, lol. Now, on the other hand, I'm thinking it can get *very* bad for me! LOL Actually I'm feeling pretty good, so I'm hopeful that as long as I get a good routine going we'll do well. Unfortunately I think I'm getting a cold. The back of my throat is very sore, and I think I had a fever last night. I woke up pretty sweaty. Oh, and I should mention that I have been up since 3:30 am! Ugh. Levi woke up and then wouldn't go back to sleep without laying on me. I had to go to the bathroom, so I couldn't just fall asleep with him, but I couldn't lay him in his carseat either. That is what I ended up doing, but of course he cried himself back awake. About 5 am I came upstairs and got online, so he finally got bored to sleep, LOL, but then Micah, who was sleeping in my bed, started to cry so when I laid down in bed with him, he woke up and started playing with me. I never did get back to sleep. Waaah. Today might be a very long day.

I checked out the garden yesterday, and found a few of our vines starting to rot from all the rain, so I picked some fruits, even though they didn't look quite ripe. Hopefully they will ripen off the vine; it's better than them rotting on the vine. We have a beautiful pumpkin, plus another one that wasn't ready to pick yet. Our watermelons are very small, that is disappointing, but at least we have some. I got two cantelopes so far. We have tons and tons of green tomatoes, but Chris went out to pick and only got about 20 cherry tomatoes so far. He says it looks like they are going to turn all at once. That happened last year, and I got so sick from trying to eat them all before they went bad that I still don't have a taste for them yet, LOL. At least he is eager to eat them.

This is the pumpkin that wasn't ready to pick. When I went to pick it up, the stem gave me stickers that stuck in my fingers!

Here is the pumpkin that had a rotten stem. Isn't it pretty?

At the bottom of this picture you can see the cantelopes and the little watermelon I picked.

Our peas rotted in the rain, so Chris pulled the black plants up. We have a few more carrots left, but I thought I'd like them to get a few more days of sun before I pull them. I hope they don't rot first.

We have one pumpkin growing up by the house, It's a pretty nice size too, but it is still very green. Who knew pumpkins were so easy to grow? Too bad I have no intention of trying to cook them! LOL

No comments: